Posts tagged theory
applied games eBay auctions you should keep an eye on:
Combinatorial Games (Proceedings of Symposia in Applied Mathematics)-ExLibrary
End Date: Sunday May-21-2017 21:25:19 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $9.47
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
Approaches to Applied Semiotics [AAS]: Communication Games : The Semiotic...
End Date: Sunday May-14-2017 1:21:08 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $189.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
In a nutshell, Game Theory means to apply a strategy where your objective is to do what is best for yourself, and best for the people you are “playing with”. For more information on Game Theory, read about it on Wikipedia.
Applying Game Theory on Facebook
Strategy: Joining several Facebook groups in your related field created by other people and engage with the group members and creators.
Benefits For You other members of the group:
1. Increased exposure and opportunity for network members to join your group(s).
2. Ability to network with other people in your field.
3. Increased exposure to your name in your industry.
4. Learn what tactics were used to increase the popularity of this particular group.
5. Able to receive feedback on your work & thoughts.
Benefits for Group Creator:
1. Gains a leadership role.
2. Can promote their websites through the header portion of the Group.
3. Exposure to their name and profile.
4. Ability to mass message the group.
Simply joining the group is not applying the correct strategy, you must also engage with the members and the creator. There are several tactics involved to engage successfully:
* Join the discussion: Comment on other people’s work
* Ask questions to the group, including request feedback on your work.
* Contribute content, interesting articles (even ones that you write)
* Add Friends and expand your Facebook network – Be sure to have engaged for some time (at least 2 weeks) before you start adding people to Facebook. It is a little bit more personal, and you should share a connection with someone before requesting they become apart of your Facebook network.
Things to consider:
* You may want to create a new or separate Facebook profile for you to conduct your business and keep it as clean and open as possible.
* It’s important to NEVER spam. You must be genuine or people will not connect with you. Maintaining a connection is the key to upholding a following.
* If you decide to create your own group, ensure your network is big enough that you can acquire a “seeder” base of contacts. People tend not to join groups that don’t have many people. It is also very easy to mass invite your friends to a group, so make sure you have a lot of them!
* Try not to sell a service, at least at first. Selling a service is not an attractive proposition for potential people to join your group. Your group must be growing with enough momentum that a sales pitch or a simple link to a business website will not outweigh the benefits of joining a group of this size.
If you do this successfully, your network will expand in no time and you will benefit greatly from the power of Social Networking and Game Theory.
Barry Deen is President & CEO of Web Strategy Canada and one of the top affiliate marketing specialists in Canada. For information on how to make money online, checkout [http://www.makemillionsathome.ca] For information on Barry Deen and his company, Web Strategy Canada, visit [http://www.web-strategy.ca]
Find More Applied Games Articles
The impact of Game Theory on economics and other disciplines in the social and natural sciences is pervasive. Its concepts and techniques have become commonplace in the study of industrial organization, international
On the occasion of its 10th anniversary, a new full-color edition of A Theory of Fun for Game Design by Raph Koster has recently been published by O'Reilly Books. This is a book I have heard great things about over … Social
A Theory of Fun provides a primer for anyone wishing to understand the motivational forces of games from a dual social scientific and game design perspective. In it Koster does an extraordinary job of summarizing what social …
View original post here:
Comment – | Motivate. Play.
Understanding this core action is the key to a fun and endlessly engaging game. ENTER SOCIAL THEORY. Most developers have become pretty good at understanding the theory and practice of game design . For the most …
Applying Social Theory to Games « Vancouver Social Games
What is Game Theory? Is it just fun and games you ask? Game Theory amongst many other things deals primarily with how groups of people interact. Relating with.
Read more here:
Using Game Theory in Art & Design » Design You Trust – Social …
What my theory does not explain well yet is the massive wave of social networking games like Farmville. When you play Farmville, you do not pretend you are an actual farmer (at least normal people don’t do that). So why are these social / simulation games so … He runs http://dtwgames.com, a game design website that posts intriguing new articles every week, both beginner’s tutorials and theoretical ideas. He also has an interest in writing, and is planning his first novel. …
Social Learning Theory by Albert Bandura. Staffing for Results: A Guide to Working Smarter by Diane Mayo and Jeanne Goodrich. Job Aids and Performance Support: Moving From Knowledge in the Classroom to Knowledge Everywhere (Essential … A Theory of Fun for Game Design by Raph Koster. Deschooling Society (Open Forum) by Ivan Illich. Personal Styles & Effective Performance by David W. Merrill and Roger H Reid. Don’t Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability, …
The Social History of Design ; College Communications; Drawing for 3D Modeling and Animation; Game Theory and Story Development; Intro to 3D Studio Max; Intro to Unreal Engine and Editor; Environment Art Design ; Game Animation …
Go here to read the rest:
Centennial offers qualified game design program with field …